We went into Thanksgiving break with another busy week. I am sure the kids were looking forward to week break. They have been working so hard. The biggest thing about our week was our STEAM project! First grade used “Fairy Tales in Motion” for our focus during our STEAM project. Our class read Rapunzel and then had to design and build a parachute that would allow Rapunzel to escape the tower safely. It was definitely harder than we thought. We had to really focus on ways to make the parachute land softer. Rapunzel took some tumbles out of the parachutes at first. Mrs. Owen, our school IT, helped us make Rapunzel by using the 3D printer.

We also go to know more about our friend Ava last week while she was the Superstar. Pinky the Pineapple will be taking a break over the holiday and will go home with a new friend next Friday.

We also had our guest reader come on Friday. Logan’s brother, Asher, came and read to us as well as Logan’s mom! Of course we love when parents come and read to us but they also love hearing from older siblings too. It was a treat for me too. I taught Asher in Kindergarten! He was in my first class at CCE!